PIN IT !
This Banana Bread is loaded with plenty of ripe bananas to give you lots of banana flavor in each bite! You may also like my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Beer Bread!
Best Banana Bread
Yes, this is the best banana bread because it is made with almost double the bananas in other recipes! Not only is this the best banana bread you will ever taste, but it also comes together easily without any fancy tools or equipment.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
As I stated, there is no need for fancy equipment to get this bread made. Just get out a large mixing bowl and a spatula!
How to Make Banana Bread
Don’t be shy about using more than a few ripe bananas in this recipe. In fact, you could use up to six small bananas (and no, that is not too many)! To make the batter, it’s important that you DON’T overmix the batter. To get started, first, mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. A fork works great for this.
- Mix butter, sugar egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt) and mix by hand until just incorporated.
- Pour into a prepared 8×4 inch loaf pan. (Can also use a 9×5 inch loaf pan.)
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out with crumbs but not wet batter.
Can Nuts be Added to this Recipe?
Absolutely! You can add 1 cup or up to 1 1/2 cups. The nuts should be folded in as the last step, right before adding to your prepared loaf pan.
How to Store and Freeze Banana Bread
I prepare to store banana bread at room temperature for up to 3 days. You will want to put it into an airtight container or plastic bag and try to store it whole, not cut into slices.
To freeze banana bread, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place it into an airtight container or freezer-safe sealable plastic bag. Be sure to label and date. Can be stored for several months.
- ▢⅓ cup (80g) butter, melted
- ▢4 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups)
- ▢¾ cup (165g) granulated sugar
- ▢1 large egg, room temperature
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla
- ▢1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8×4-inch loaf pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. (You can use up to 5 regular sized bananas or 6 small bananas in this recipe.)
- Add butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until ingredients are JUST incorporated. (Be careful not to overmix.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. (Cover with aluminum foil if browning too quickly.)
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs, but not wet batter.